Nine Ways to Make a Difference
Whether you have 5 minutes or more time to spare we've got a way for you to make a mark in this world.
Our strength lies in collective action. With our Nightlife members and supporters, we help individuals around the world whose human life is being risked for safety and security standards.
Here are 9 ways you can make a difference:
- Take action right now! Sign a petition on one of the many human life issues facing our communities around the world.
- Attend an event. Events are a great way to get to educate yourself and others about human rights and meet other like minded people in your community who want to take action together.
- Become a member. We are a movement of people. Each time a new person joins, Nightlife’s life shines brighter on the injustices occurring at different places around the world. Join today.
- Donate. Your gift helps keep our movement free from corporate influence and independent from government agendas. Donate now!
- Volunteer. Our network of volunteers have the chance to try almost anything—from phone banking, writing letters and organizing a group to responding to a crisis, leading a lobby effort or carrying out our campaigns—we invite you to explore the diverse volunteer opportunities available to you around the country.
- Join a Group. Together, the members of our groups take action, reach out to new communities and educate the public about how they can make human rights a reality for all.
- Follow a Campaign. Are you passionate about a certain issue? Join a network of activists around the country who are using campaigns to teach communities about nightlife districts, ending poverty and more.
- Write for Rights. Join people in one of the largest events on behalf of partiers, foodies, connoisseurs, aficionados and others whose rights are being violated by their governments or corporations.
- Partner with us. Through collaborations, partnerships and collective action, we can improve the state of human rights here and abroad. If you represent a university, association or agency, explore the ways you can support Nightlife International.
TOGETHER WE ARE POWERFUL
We are the Nighttime Economy Stakeholders
Dining – Restaurants, Cafes
Drinking – Taverns, Bars, Pubs
Dancing – Nightclubs, Celebrations
Entertainment – Music, Performance
Events – Conventions, Festivals
Suppliers – Food, Drink, Equipment
Transportation – Taxis, TNC’s
Patrons – Residents, Visitors, Night Workers
Media – Reviewers, Bloggers
We follow industry standards to self-police and self-regulate by becoming proactive liaisons with regulatory and enforcement agencies, elected officials, and civic and community leaders
START A LOCAL CHAPTER NIGHTLIFE/HOSPITALITY ASSOCIATION
- Local Non-Profit 501(c)6 / 501(c)3
Strong United Collaborative Voice.
- Information Exchange
Open communication resources.
- Peer-To-Peer Support
Self-police and self-regulate compliance
- Legislative Watchdog & Liaison
Address legislative proposals.
VALUE ADDED BENEFITS:
- Insurance Programs
Health, life, business, disability, workers comp
- Music Licensing Discounts:
BMI, ASCAP and SESAC.
- Certification Training:
Security, Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service.
- Educational Resources:
Best practice manuals and templates.
- Consultation Services:
1-on-1 consultations. Government liaison.
- Define best practices with agencies
- Coordinate education and training of staff
- Use social media to communicate
- Participate in fundraisers
- Attend meetings by neighborhood groups
- Maintain website with news and priorities
- Invite elected officials on night tour
- What are the priorities for the industry?
- What are the priorities for government agencies?
- What are the priorities for the community?
- What are the priorities of patrons?
Our industry is under constant threat. From being soft targets for terrorism and increasing violence, blaming patron drug abuse on venues/ promoters, banning or placing moratoriums on EDM-related events, new housing built close to existing venues without soundproofing, strict licensing laws, costly operating requirements – have all played a role in eroding our nightlife options.
Join our growing membership of influencers at the legislative, local improvement, and development levels that will share solutions to becoming a successful asset in your city. Network with seasoned industry professionals, who will examine research, provide insights, industry training, important licensing information and regulatory changes.
Our vision is to create a safe and vibrant nightlife community. By educating and training owners, managers, servers, bartenders, entertainers and security guards on quality of service standards; we can make our jobs easier to lower liability, risk, and calls for police service.
Hospitality owners working in collaboration with neighbors, key stakeholders, community partners and city officials can create a safe, sustainable, and thriving nightlife economy.